Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tribute to Jami on her 29th B-Day.

Jami,

This is a list of a few (29) of the things that I love about you. I hope you've had a wonderful Birthday.




1. When you make a decision, you are fully committed, I have long since learned to watch my step when you are determined to clean the house, there’s not a dust might that’s safe.
2. You have an amazing spiritual sensitivity. I believe you have saved us from many a challenge in our lives because you have followed the spirit. Thanks Jaima
3. In each of our various houses you have quickly made them a home, not just in accoutrements, but in attitude and spirit as well. Thanks Jaima.
4. You are ever patient with me, anyone who knows our situation knows I have signed on to 12 years of training/school and you have patiently taken care of myself and our kids through it all. Thanks Jaima.
5. You are always very attentive to our children’s needs. I’ve never once worried about the needs or progress of our kids because I know you have that covered. Thanks Jaima.
6. You have always been supportive of my crazy ideas and hobbies. Climbing wall in the basement of our KY apt. – need I say more. Thanks Jaima.
7. For the past year you have been essentially a single mother since I really have not been around too much. Q3 call at one of the largest Level 1 trauma centers, need I say more. Thanks Jaima.
8. Five years ago I drug you from your comfort zone and family in Id and you have thrived in spite of many hardships. Your a real trooper. Thanks Jaima.
9. You have a wonderful musical ability. Your talent is impressive and it is such a blessing to have your music in our home. I love that our kids favorite past time it dancing to their mothers piano playing of some crazy song. Thanks Jaima.
10. I love that you have done such a great job over the last couple of years at keeping your “journal” by blogging. You probably doesn’t realize it but I often go to the blog to find out what’s up with our family. Thanks Jaima.
11. You have always had a deep concern for your parents which shows great character. I have no doubt that you will take care if them if age ever requires it.
12. You have a wonderful, enviable relationship with your mother, and you are most certainly her best friend. But best of all I can see the same strength of bond between our daughters and you, a gift they will cherish throughout their lives.
13. I have often had many strange, some may even say stupid ideas, (such as purchasing a car on the internet that can not be licensed) that most folks would think I am crazy for but you have enthusiastically been at my side more supportive than one might expect. Thanks Jaima. It means a lot to me.
14. Long ago you urged us to carefully monitor what media was brought into our home and it has been a true blessing in our family to keep out so much of the filth of the world. Thanks Jaima.
15. Over the past few years you have dove into many books and I’m always impressed with the love you have for reading. Having said this I by no means want a new “twilight” to hit the shelves any time soon.
16. You have a unique connection with our children, from the day they were born you have served them so much they love you to death. Thanks Jaima.
17. I recently have enjoyed seeing the mother hen instincts come alive in you in protection of your little ones. Just as it should be. Thanks Jaima.
18. I love that you always insist on having healthy delicious food in our home. I am sure that any set of missionaries who have been to our house could attest that no matter what day they stop in they are going home with bags of fruits, vegetables, breads, condiments, and yes even prune juice. Thanks Jaima.
19. Speaking of bread and your quest in life to be a fantastic bread maker, even though I thought you had arrived at that point many years ago, I was so very wrong. The bread you make now somehow is sooo much better. Thanks Jaima.
20. Since we were married I have made you try out many various types of food (Vietnamese tonight) and I love how you so often bring home what we tried at some restaurant and begin making it at home. Especially Indian food. Thanks Jaima.
21. Your beautiful, naturally. I’ve always thought that and you only get more beautiful every day. No artificial flavors added. I guess I ought to thank the man up stairs for this one.
22. You laugh with me, even though I am sure most would cringe in embarrassment. Thanks Jaima.
23. Jami, I love how outgoing and personable you are, and that you quickly put our family in the “Social Pipeline” in each place we have moved. Thanks Jaima.
24. I gratefully am kept up to speed and informed by you on political issue’s and I love that you are about as conservative as they come. Thanks Jaima.
25. Jami, your a wonderful friend and I think its great how you not only keep in close contact with, but also seem to be up to date on each one of your friends at any given time. Its quite incredible.
26. You are surprisingly tough for a little lass. You have taken head on 3 c - sections with such strength, no complaints, and very little pain meds. Way to go Jaima.
27. It is awsome how very personal you are with your church callings and how you make a calling much more than a duty or task to accomplish but a personal mission. Case in point, your YW love you.
28. From Day one Jami, you have seen potential in me that I don’t know I would have ever seen in my self and you most certainly have inspired me to be more than I had planned. Thanks Jaima.
29. WHAT A MOTHER / WIFE !!! You are always praying for, thinking about, caring for, nurturing, loving, helping, teaching, kissing, hugging, playing with, worrying about (and on and on) your children and myself. Oh how grateful we are that you are our wife or mother. I LOVE YOU JAIMA!!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Happy birthday Jami! What a nice tribute to an amazing woman! You really are incredible and have always been such a good, genuine friend. Love you...lizzykins

jani said...

You sure are fantastic Jaim- You really are one of my best friends, and I love that we got a 2nd chance at being friends- it's better the 2nd time around *grin* Oh, that kinda sounds like we weren't friends when we were roomies, but you know, we lost touch REAL fast after we weren't roomies anymore... so the 2nd time around, we are obviously better friends. Love ya and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

Nicole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMI!!!!!!!!!

~Nicole

Jess said...

Oh my. I missed your birthday. This is just about the sweetest thing I have ever read and I know that every single one of them is true!!

ESPECIALLY THE YOUNG WOMEN ONE!!!!

I LOVE YOU TO DEATH!