Thursday, September 11, 2008

Emma's First Day

It was actually yesterday. She is so laid back that she wasn't scared or jumping off the wall excited. Whenever I told her school was starting soon she would tell me she was excited, but that was it. Yesterday morning she climbed into my bed and when i told her she had to get ready for school she was very excited. When we got to the gate she told me goodbye and she wanted to do this herself which is very typical. She loves to be the big girl. I told her I had to actually sign her in and she was okay with that. It will be a sad day when she is embarrassed of me. Hopefully not too soon.



We got a new van, by the way. Isn't she a cutie? I can't believe how big she is!


Cute again!

Jackson hugging her goodbye. He talked about her the whole time she was gone and kept asking if we could either go watch her or pick her up.

Instead we went to the grocery store and her decorated himself, Sadi, and me with the stickers the clerk gave him.

Sadi took a nap, but not near long enough because of having to pick up Emma. This could be tricky, but she's so awesome I'm guessing she will be just fine. When we got home from picking up Emma, I laid Sadi down and she slept 4 1/2 hours. She must have been beyond herself tired.

Emma came home excited about her day and can't wait to make more friends. She told me she played with a friend (who I think she names herself because she never asks them, but calls them by this name. This girl is "Shyla.") and someone else was mean to her but she kept playing with her. I think she was trying to tell me she was sticking up for her by staying playing with her. However, I hope that didn't happen. IT's the first day of school. Those kids better not be mean to each other already. We'll see what she thinks about her second day tomorrow.

3 comments:

jani said...

Sweet ride. Nathan was sitting next to me just now, and he said, "look how big Emma is!" Seriously, why are our kids growing up so fast??

Nicole said...

Nice Van! What is the make and model, I can't tell. Emma...what a big girl! She was just an independant toddler when I saw her last.

Jess said...

I've been in that van before! :D