Sunday, September 21, 2008

A new kitchen

should have posted this forever ago, but haven't got around to it. When Jack took off work in August, I talked him into repainting and tiling my kitchen floor. If you haven't been to my house you don't understand how badly this needed to be done. When we moved in, it needed to be done. After arguing over sereal color schemes, I gave in and let Jack choose. It was school bus yellow. It was vile. That was last November. I instantly wanted to change it, but I'm not tackling that with alone with kids and I couldn't talk him into doing it again until August. I wish I had a pic of the nasty old vinyl flooring (it was 20 year old vinyl). Anyway, he was awesome and tiled it for me, too. Thanks, baby, you're awesome! I love you!


BEFORE PICS:




AFTER PICS:





I

8 comments:

Mardi said...

Hey - the kitchen looks great. I would have to say that I like the brown much better. :)

Rapunzel said...

Wow... it looks really good..NOW, sorry Jack!!

Unknown said...

The kitchen does look lovely. . . Jack is as skilled as (place the name of brilliant handy-man here) not to mention that he has the body of an Adonis.

Borders Family said...

Very cute! I think I have painted every wall in my house that same brown. It's awesome!

just jen said...

jack is amazing, the kitchen looks beautiful! i remember the yellow...much better now!

Lisha said...

Great job! Looks terrific!

Jessica Y. said...

Wow Jamie that Yellow is right up there with my Magenta. I bet your glad that is gone! Looks great!

Jessica Y. said...

Wow Jamie that Yellow is right up there with my Magenta. I bet your glad that is gone! Looks great!