Monday, September 8, 2008

Camping at Buckhorn

This is Mike and Lilian.


We finally went camping. Jack has been wanting to all summer, as have I, but with a newborn I wasn't so sure I wanted to nurse in the middle of the night on the floor of a tent. The weekend before Labor Day, we went with Mike and Lilian, and Jorge and Diane (Lilian's brother and his girlfriend) up the mountains.





It was so refreshing to get away from LA and watch my kids play in the dirt and push each other in the hammock and go exploring. I love watching them throw rocks in the stream and take me to the place they went on a hike together to show me the pine cone forest to throw them into the valley below.




We did a fun little hike and went to the top of a woosy waterfall. Sadi slept the whole time and my back was pretty dang sore by the end.
We had some dang good food. My favorite, though, was fruit and that cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and orange zest dip. Also, can I just say that I LOVE that Costco is selling uncooked tortillas?!?! They're so dang good. We had some great breakfast burritos out camping and felt so cool cooking our torts in the wild!!!
We have become such good friends with Mike and Lilian. I work with her in the Young Women and she is awesome! A few weeks ago they came over to swim and Lilian gave me a pedicure. I'll take a friend like that any day! (I love you Lilian!) We hope they don't get too sick of hanging out with us. Jack and Mike are so much alike, coming up with all sorts of random trips and activities that Lilian and I just watch the dollar bills add up while they talk. I'm so glad, though, because Jack doesn't find too many men like himself!...with random crazy interests always searching for something fun to do...like build a climbing wall in his basement. I love his manliness!

1 comment:

jani said...

*sniff*sniff*sniff*
We've been replaced.