Monday, October 1, 2007

I love new callings!

I got a new calling in church yesterday and I'm pretty dang excited about it. I am a young women advisor. I've never worked in young woman, but always thought going to camp again would be a blast. I don't know if I mentioned I got called to the stake primary board last month. So I'm so glad to be getting more busy with these callings. Isn't it weird how the more busy you are the better you manage your time and accomplish more? I'm VERY excited to get to work in primary and young women! I so need and want to serve and I think it will provide so many opportunities for me to grow which I tend to not be very good at on my own! I'm so impressed with the quality of people here in California. I thought it would be like New York because of the number of people, but it's NOTHING like it. I don't like New York. But people are wonderful here and they wave when you drive down the street and let you in quickly when you signal. I love that! Does anyone elseget way excited for new callings?

3 comments:

Borders Family said...

What a great combination of callings! I agree that I function so much better when I have a full plate. If I don't have anything going on, then nothing gets done.

jani said...

I got called into YW in my ward here too!! AND, it's my first time... outside of being a YW myself anyway... I'm really enjoying it, but I just can't seem to remember Wednesday night activities... it's terrible!

Nield Family said...

Sweet news about the calling! You must be very busy! We hope to see you in Cali!