Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sea World, Movie Stars, and The Beach

I have never been to the San Diego temple. It was so absolutely beautiful. We couldn't go onto the grounds because they were closed for some reason, but were able to get a picture from behind.
The Clydesdale for the beer company that I can never remember. Poor horse has to stand there all day and let people pet him. He was getting pretty frustrated by the time we got to him.

The tunnel with the sharks. It's pretty awesome being up so close!



So we spent last weekend in San Diego taking the kids to Sea World for the first time. I haven't been there since I was a kid and I must say I was in awe all day long. I enjoyed that place SO MUCH!!! It is absolutely incredible watching those trainers work with Shamu and the dolphins. I loved all the shows. I worried that the kids would be a little bored because it was just show after show. Emma loved it and wasn't bored at all! She was apprehensive to sit in the soak zone, at first, but then decided it was cool getting wet in spite of the fact that we were chilly for a few minutes after until we dried. At one point before watching the dolphin show, she got the attention of the audience by falling down some stairs. She was pretty embarrassed and tried not to cry. I felt so bad for her cause she was trying to be brave. She finally buried her head into me and lost it. The guy with the mic turned to us and asked if she was okay. Fortunately the show started and some other chick biffed it as part of the show and we enjoyed the dolphins who can jump so high! The next morning we went to a swap meet. I've alway a enjoyed a good swap meet, but this was not one of those. The only funny part was at some point this woman walked up to me and introduced herself as some talent scout. She said she had been watching Emma and wanted to invite her to an audition the next morning for extras on Hannah Montana and gave me directions and all that. I, of course, was totally flattered and totally agreed that Emma is absolutely beautiful, but we choose not to ruin our daughter's life by throwing her into television! I was thinking about the girls night out we had at the Homemade pie and Ice Cream shop over Jani's birthday and our closest link to stardom. Well, mine at the time was that I dated Taj Melson from the Utah Grizzly hockey team, which, I admit, isn't too close to stardom...especially compared to Rachel. But this is my new closest. We then spent the day on the beach where Jack learned how to skim board and biffed it by hitting a rock and going down. His leg and knee have been swollen and sore ever since! Poor little guy! It wasn't incredibly warm, but I got to see some of my family there at a reunion and that is always fun! Oh! I also forgot to tell...on November 3rd we are celebrating Los Angeles Temple being 50 years old. So there's going to be a Solemn Assembly in their 60,000 sq ft room and i'm in the choir that is going to sing! I can't wait to sing in the temple! What an awesome opportunity! So that has been my good news of the week!

6 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

Oh how fun. We loved San Diego when we were there. Always a perfect temp. If I lived in Cali it would be there.

Brady and Kariann said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time out there in Cali. What a neat opportunity to sing in the temple!

Crump Family said...

The cost of living may be rough (I read your car registration saga), but there are some serious perks about living in CA. What a great weekend.

Lisha said...

It was fun to see you guys in SD. Wish we could've spent more time together! Maybe we'll see you at Scotty's farewell.

A Pendley said...

I am so glad you went to Sea World. That is the perfect place for the ages of kids we have. My kids always ask to go back there. I wish it was closer to where we live rather in San Diego. Can't complain too much because we do have ALLOT of fun things to do here in Southern CA.

Borders Family said...

That temple is so awesome! I think it is one of my favorites. Good luck singing. What a fabulous opportunity! I totally agree that Emma would have been a great TV star, but she is too precious to make it in show biz.