Monday, October 29, 2007

The past month....very random.

Emma and Emma at Disneyland. It was so fun seeing those two play together. Emma was so excited to see a familiar face. We haven't really made any best friends for her yet.

Picture day at school

My little man. He's so sweet!

It's pretty normal for him to stick whatever is within a ten foot radius directly into his mouth. A few days ago, he learned his lesson with the aerosol hairspray when he chomped down on the nozzle.

(I love to dress her up for school and take pictures when I think she is so cute!)


I cannot believe the month of october is already pretty much gone. The first few months I was here and reading everyone else's blogs talking about how busy they were and how they justdidn't have time to blog and I've finally joined the ranks of run around like a chicken with my head cut off group of women. The past few weeks have been absolutely crazy. So the first of the month wasn't that bad except for I was preparing to do the gospel abc books for our super saturday. It was miserable cutting out 26 letters seperately for 15 people...all in the naming of saving a few pennies. And of course, Michaels made it really easy for me to get all of the stuff I needed by never having it and telling me to check back for 6 weeks on Friday shipments and then telling me the Friday before they don't carry that necessary item anymore. Really sweet. And it is hard collecting money from all the people who sign up and hoping that you don't get taken in the end because you charged to little in the beginning. There's got to be a better way, I tell ya! But they still turned out so cute! And I did a dang good job of getting cute stuff and getting it all together! Then it just seems like there is meeting after meeting nowadays for me. It is nice to get out of the house a night or two and get charged up from having a break, but I haven't had a break from meetings lately. I was honestly gone every night last week (although one of those nights was a hot date night...had persian food which I had never had before and it was soooooo goood!!!) I actually stayed up late last night talking with our YW President in her car about it and she was so fabulous! She was so understanding and kept telling me that she wants me to be honest and that the presidency has an understanding that you say "I can't be there tonight" and there are no questions asked. She is such a fabulous woman. I'm way excited to get to know her. I had my first MODBE party here last Friday, too. It went very well, which I was so grateful for. Everyone was excited about it and looked so cute in everything they put on so it was fun to watch that happen. Modbe has been really fun for me, but kind of hurts the pocketbook...I spend way more than I make. This Saturday is the temple commemoration so I get to go to the temple for the first time since I've been here. I'm very excited about that! I'm being nudged that it's time for bed so I'll blab some more a little later....just wanted to update this at least a little.

2 comments:

Jessica Y. said...

Seems as if it goes in waves for me. I am either bored stiff, or I have so much going on I am not sure whether I am coming or going. I am glad you are busy though. Time passes so much faster when you have things to do. Your kiddo's are so cute I don't remember Emma having curls! She is beautiful.

Crafty Momma said...

Hey Jami, you ARE awesome. You can do anything!! Emma is so beautiful! She is really turning into a lovely young lady. I can't believe how old she is and Jackson too! I remember holding them as babies! I hope my little one doesn't grow too fast, but lately it seems inevitable. How are you liking California? I'll bet the weather is nice. Well, TTFN