Saturday, May 15, 2010

these are so just ramblings...might not want to read. really.


Jack and Emma left for a recital at a nursing home. Jackson is not feeling up to snuff and has a small fever and fell asleep outside in the swing, and Sadi fell asleep in the car an hour ago. it's just me.
I'm starting to show. A little earlier than usual, but I am getting excited. Not so much for the maternity clothes as much as for the little baby who will come to us. I waited all day Wednesday (well to like 2:00) to get a call or text from my friend, Jani, and as soon as I heard my text sound on my phone go off, I knew she must be here! It's so fun having that feeling that someone just had a baby. Those are the happiest moments. I'm on number four and the truth is is that while I recognize there is a lot of work involved, four just doesn't seem like that many. Either I must be a little off in the head since I was one of six or I am totally Mormon or both! :) I love my little family.
A couple of times a year, Jack and I get to dress up and go to these posh restaurants where the medical equipment reps pay for this evening out. LAst night was one of those nights because it was graduation. First, it is SO AWESOME that we are officially one year away from our own graduation. Two, while I have been to some incredible restaurants the past three years, last night was not one of them. Which really is such a bummer because I was looking forward to fantastic food for several weeks prior. I had even gone to the website to stare down their menu and decide exactly everything I was going to get from drinks to appetizers to desserts. I don't mess around. But the guys in charge of this dinner thought it would be a good idea to schedule from 8-11 instead of 5-8. I didn't even get my entree until 9:30 pm. And stuffing myself silly at night just doesn't make me feel good, nor does it taste good. That had to be a factor. I don't know, though. It really just wasn't good. However, on the appetizer, there was some fried ahi that I did like and that is a BIG deal for me because I do NOT like seafood. Oooohhhh!
I have actually become friends with one of the reps wife and Jack really gets along with this specific rep, too, so it's fun to meet up with her twice a year. If we lived closer, i am sure we would be friends. She is just great. Talking to her was one of my highlights of the night.
Another thing...when I am pregnant I have terrible dreams. A few weeks ago I dreamed that for some reason my dog was sick and I thought that putting him in the microwave would fix him and I remember panicking and stopping the microwave early because his feet were melting and he was in SO MUCH PAIN!!! In my pshycho dream I felt awful! So much that I still felt awful when I woke up and relived the memory. Last night I had another. Not physically horrible, but I was distraught when I woke up. Jack and I weren't married yet, but I thought were serious and getting ready to be engaged. We went to his family reunion and while there he tells me he is going to take a few girls out on dates while we are there. Of course it hurt, but what can you do? So he got home from his first date and I asked how it was. It was alright. He kissed her. that was no big deal, apparently. I asked if he planned on kissing al the girls that he took out and when he said yes, I told him that maybe we should wait to kiss until he decided if he wanted to stay with me or not. That was no big deal to him. okay. (I know I could totally spare the details, but so traumatic for me. really.) In the end, the girl that he took on the first date was also at this family reunion so I felt like I had this competition with this girl in my dreams for my man and I did not wake up happy. I went on a search for Jack and told him he needed to hug me. I then went and made him turkey sausages, a homemade breakfast croissant sandwich, and a bunch of chocolate covered strawberries. He got lots of big hugs and kisses, too. I told him I felt like I had to make him happy cause I was competing with a girl in my dream. Of course he thought this treatment was great. So apparently, I need to treat my man more like a king. He treats me pretty darn good so I could step it up a notch.
Weird post, I know. Sorry if you think I'm crazy.

3 comments:

jani said...

Don't know why, but that made me laugh *grin* I hear you with the crazy dreams bit.... I get those too- and I'm ready for them to stop any moment now too!! Loves to you!

Nicole said...

1) yes of course you are crazy, but you were crazy before the babies. So thats no excuse. LOL

2) I totally had the wako dreams when I was pregnant too. Couldn't wait for those to be done. the doctor said it was something to do with heightened hormones and what not. not that I cared, I just wanted them to stop!

3) You do have a very good hubby. But he has a very good wife. I promise. I have met many wives in my life time and you my dear are the cream of the crop. Promise. I wouldn't lie. okay, maybe I would, but I am not lying about this one!

The Strange and Awkward One said...

I loved this post, Jami. It made me miss you. Somethings never change, I guess. I had crazy dreams, too, but somehow it was always about my kids. Let me know if you ever think of coming this way. I'll take you to a really nice lunch. Oh, I guess as nice as Pocatello gets. :D