Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Does anyone have much experience with dogs? I can honestly say after 1 1/2 years of having one that I am NOT a dog kind of a gal. I should also say that more than not a dog, I am not a cat person. Our dog is a very obedient dog. He's terrified of me. He totally knows I do not like him. If I even walk in a room his tail goes between his legs and he goes to a different room. Apparently I've told him to leave a couple of times.
So we have a back door, a front door, and a side door, which is what we use the most. Outside of that door is that diaper garbage can. There is a get between the side door and the backyard. So in the mornings when my kids want to go outside and the back door is still chained up, they go out the side door and gate to get to the back. The gate gets left open and our dog inevitably goes and gets a diaper and chews through til he gets the poop and EATS IT ALL!!! I am horrified and dying because of course my kids let him lick them and I am DONE!!! Do I have any options here? I am not changing the diaper garbage. I'd rather pitch the dog. Is this normal? If it is...I'm just reiterating I am NOT a dog person!
PS he also throws up from eating the crap so I get to clean that up too. Is anyone else becoming nauseated reading this like I am writing it?

9 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Jami! That is exactly why we will never have a dog. (Although not so much me as it is Carl.)My MIL always reminds us of how dirty animals are and what things they eat and sniff, etc, etc. Still, I feel kind of sad thay my kids may never have the opportunity to have a pet, but I guess they can once they get their own homes. Well, just thought I'd share since I saw that you had updated your blog. Have a great day!

Collette said...

Yuck! I would pitch the dog. We will never have an animal. Ever. I am not an animal person in general. Good luck with that one.

jani said...

Whatever Collette- I KNOW how much you love animals... especially birds *grin*

Nasty nasty nasty... I DO like dogs, but I'm totally not going to have one while I have little kids- I have enough poop to clean up. It would be nice to have one right now to clean up the floor after every meal though *wink*wink*

My kids LOVE dogs, and I do feel kinda bad that they don't have one to love, but I get over it real fast when I consider the work that they would be....

Brooke Morgan said...

Jami...that is gross! I am not a dog person either. So...good luck with trying to figure that out!

prism said...

Uh, Jami, that's pretty normal for a dog, I think. And, agreed, it is disgusting. But, do a little research on their saliva... I think (not sure, but I think) they have something in their saliva which kills the germs. Doesn't make it any less disgusting to think about or clean up, I know, but maybe it would be a little less worrisome.

I don't know that I want a dog again. We watched my in-laws' dog for a year and a half and he got into everything he could (when we weren't looking).

Travis and Jamie said...

Put the garbage up higher and keep the dog outside!! I know you have a chihuahua, that is what we had when I was in High School. It will survive outside.

Rachel said...

Hi Jami,

I've awarded you a blog award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up.

Rachel
www.sewambitious.com

Lisha said...

You are talking to the wrong girl....I will NEVER have a dog! Eating poop is DISGUSTING! How can you handle that being pregnant!

Jeuce said...

lol, no I am talking pee my pants lol. I know that isn't nice, but this is killing me, and suddenly I have one more reason not to have a dog.