Friday, June 19, 2009

Wyoming/Idaho Trip January 2009

January through April this year was a fantastic time. Jack was scheduled to be on a different rotation and was able to take some time off for us to head up north. We went to Green River first. We love to go there. We always feel like everyone makes a special effort to come hang out with us whether they want to or not. Not to brag, but I have some of those stinkin awesome in-laws, too. It's so fun thinking we're almost to where we will be done with this whole schooling section of life and move a little closer to family. Being away for eight years helps me gain some appreciation of family.


Last October, Jack bought me my first gun (a .20 gauge....is that how I would type that?). So we brought our guns up to practice shooting. Jack purchased a thrower that at first we were a little retarded and couldn't get the clay pigeons in the air, but a kind person took pity on us between laughing at us and helped. So my first time with my gun I hit four! Not that that is incredible, but I think I only did under ten shots. I was pretty happy with myself.


I had fun watching my little ones learn how to shoot. Emma and Jackson were both so timid, at first, as they should be. But Jack does a really good job with them.





Cute Boy.



My man.


Grandma Diana.

Emsa


just a cute little baby


Emsa, again.





Sadi and Grandpa


Then we went to Pocatello. I've got a pretty great family who is so good at taking care of every one who walks through their door. Even though my mom works like crazy, she always takes the time off to see her grandkids. She's such a good grandma. My dad seems to be doing so much better, too. He sure has been through death and back and he's not done yet, but he's not dead, either, so we like to think that's a big bonus for us!

We took Emma skiing for the first time. I should say Jack took Emma and me skiing for the first time. I've been twice before, but I've never had instruction and because I broke bones both times, I don't think those should count. Emma didn't walk away loving it, but she talks about it and says she wants to go back. When we live in the snow and she's on the mountain every week, I think she'll be forced to love it. I, on the other hand, did enoy myself, although I did take quite a few crashes (PS we stayed on the bunny hill the whole time) (I just want ya'll to realize how woosy I've become) and I took a girl out that was mad at me for it. Jack said she was just as terrible a skier as I was and ran into me as much as I did her, so I didn't feel so bad after that.


I think she's seven months here. She's always been the best baby.



Can you tell we think we're from California? Honestly! Can you put some shoes on please.


I just think he's cute.


She's cute too.



I'm sure this is terrible form, but I'm proud of this picture. Makes me feel like a gal from Wyoming and I have to fit the part.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like you had so much fun. That's why you didn't call me the last trip. you forgot with all that fun you where having. I know you will be here Tuesday, so ha. See you next week.

Brooke Morgan said...

You did great. That picture of sadi is adorable. Come back soon so we can play!

Jeanette said...

Alright, give me that Sadi so I can eat her up. That is the sweetest picture of her sitting on the couch!

Crafty Momma said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Glad to see you guys are doing good!