Saturday, June 20, 2009

We got rid of cable and antenna two months ago because we realized our family was happier with no TV. I do still use movies as a crutch and my kids have to do their chores to earn a movie. Actually, today we bought Kung Fu Panda because it makes me giggle to watch Jackson get into character. I love that kid.
As far as TV goes....I only miss two shows: Chuck and WIPEOUT. They are on opposite times of the year so I have one tv show a week (which is big for me because I grew up with the TV on at least four hours a day) that I catch up on on the internet. I especially love to watch wipeout with Jack because he can't help but laugh until he cries when he sees people fall down. I spend most of my time laughing at him.
If you have not seen it, go to www.ABC.com and watch an episode. It might make you laugh until you pee your pants.

7 comments:

prism said...

Woo hoo! We turned off our satellite a few months ago, too. We're just doing AppleTV (so we can just buy the couple of shows we watch), and also Netflix instant watch for movies and old TV shows (like StarTrek original).

We're loving it. And, I'm actually becoming a *gasp* reader! I never was before - and not because of TV... so, it's a big deal to me.

Jeanette said...

Jason TOTALLY loves Wipeout. I don't laugh as much as he does because I can't help but thinking that these people are making fools of themselves, which I realize is the appeal to the show. Anyway, good for you exiting the TV from your family life. Maybe some day I can break the habit!

Harris Family said...

Hey Jami! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun - your family is so adorable!

I saw that you are going to our reunion. I'm not going to make it, but was wondering how long you'll be in Poky. I will be there the 5th-12th and was hoping you'd still be around. Let me know! You can leave a comment on my blog or email me
joshandteri@gmail.com

Harris said...

Jami. It was fun chatting and catching up with you today. You look fabulous! It will be fun to keep in touch with you on your blog now. Your little family is adorable.

Nicole said...

We are sans cable TV now too! When we moved I said NO MORE CABLE! And we are down to the local chanels now via antenna. And there is nothing on for the kids to watch so all they ever watch is movies now and not that often. I don't miss it at all. Todd does though sometimes. But he sees how much better life is without it. We only have one TV now too. We but the big one in the basement and its not hooked up. Good luck with this new adventure! It is sure going well for us!

Jasonites said...

Jami, How are you! I just happen to find your blog through Liz Davenport and thought I'd drop a line. Your family is so cute. How is life? Drop a line on my blog: jasonites.blogspot.com. Aime Haislip-Taylor

Jeuce said...

I can totally picture Jack laughing at people falling down. To be honest that show has never had any appeal to me, but now I kind of want to!