Friday, November 21, 2008

Yesterday I took Emma to Walmart to let her spend some money grandma judy and diana gave her for Halloween/birthday. She said she wanted crafts so we got scissors, paint, 12 statues of trains and ponies, and paintbrushes. We had so much fun painting when we got home and decided to do it again today. I got all the stuff out and on the back patio and ran in the house to fill a cup of water to rinse the paint. When I came back my little Emma nonchalantly told me she cut her hair.

I flipped out the first thirty seconds. There was some shock factor that came into play, and then I just started to laugh. I totally did that as a kid. Who didn't? So i explained that to her and told her we would have to cut it all short now which was a realy bummer to her to lose her princess long hair.
The Del Sol Salon was kind enough to squeeze in an emergency appointment because tomorrow is her violin recital.

Her hair was so long. i'm going to miss it, but it will be fun to try something new.


Great natural highlights! She has the prettiest color of hair.

It's a very cute finished product. She said she likes it, but is still a little sad about her long hair being gone. I thought the gal did a great job leaving some length and just layering it in there. It so could have been much worse. I doubt she tries that one again. Now I just have to keep those scissors away from Jackson.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

She looks even more like you with her hair cute short! I think everyone has a hair cutting story...now Emma has hers too! I know you are sad about the long hair being gone for awhile, but it still looks really cute!

Rapunzel said...

she looks just like you now!! Very cute, but very sad!

Lindsey said...

My kids have done the same thing. It made me cry. She's beautiful. And if I remember right, you had your hair cut like that too. She looks just like you.

Brooke Morgan said...

She looks adorable.