Saturday, November 29, 2008

WICKED

The day we had Emma's birthday party, my husband got all the husbands together and asked if they wanted to surprise the wives and take us to Wicked. The big surprise accidentally didn't happen. He slipped in front of me one day. Jack is always trying to do kind things to surprise me with and I'm so grateful that he is so thoughtful. I'm a hard person to surprise. I don't know why. I come upon things I'm not supposed to, I'm not actually snooping. I know he has suprised me a couple of times, but the big one was our cruise last year. And he had the help of Jani who is a very clever kind of gal! Anyhow, I loved the show! It was absolutely incredible! The day of it, I actually got sick and my fever was slightly over 104 degrees. I told the group we went with it was worth it to me to get them all sick to see this show! :) Jack and I walked away knowing that we needed to get Emma to see it. We got the CD and she's got all the songs memorized and is constantly asking to go see it. Maybe I brainwashed her, but I told her she could ask Santa for Christmas and we were going to have Jack take her Christmas Day.
Thanksgiving Day, however, in a very thoughtful gesture, he suggested I ought to take her with my mom and grandma. So a four generation group hopped in the sweet minivan and drove to Hollywood at the last minute yesterday! It was so fun! And I felt much better this time around!








Emma was so cute. It was obvious she ahd never been to a show before because she kept asking questions too loudly. She leaned over at one point and said "mom, this show is awesome. I want to see it again someday when I am six!" She was so funny.

3 comments:

Borders Family said...

I LOVED Wicked so much! I could see it over and over. I think it is so cool that you took Emma. Was she scared of the Wizard?

Jana said...

I love that picture of Grandma, Mom, you, and Emma. Four generations! And Emma's new haircut is darling.

Candice Carter said...

Love your Blog..... And as far as the number of people I know... I knows my peeps! That's how I roll! Take care!!