Friday, November 21, 2008

The floral decor on the side table is a steal from Michael's. Regularly $80. I got it for $13. I was pretty happy!
Just had to show the nativity up close.
Pay no attention to how messy the bookshelf is. This is the full shot of the nativity up top. I want to get a big, beautiful wreath to put up above at the after Christmas sale for next year. I have such a hard time waiting for things like that.

Are those trees on each side ugly? I like them, but i don't trust my judgement very well. I guess if I like them that's all that matters, though, right?

And my tree, of course. The only thing I would do differently is put on WAY more lights, but it turned out nice.

Christmas came early this year. It's my favorite time of year and I'm always so sad to take it down so I just thought I would set it up a bit earlier. So the week after Halloween I got everything out and set it up against the wishes of someone in my family. He didn't have to help put a thing up so I figured there wasn't much leverage on his part. :) Actually, I don't think he cares all that much.
So I don't feel like being a woman comes by me all that naturally. I am by no means one who can keep a clean house, have dinner on the table, have kept the TV off to play with my kids and color and teach and go to the park...you get the idea. It has to be a half A job at all of them to survive. But I do feel like this room turned out really pretty. It's my favorite room in my house because it has so much character. My whole house has a lot of character. It is SO old, and it is falling apart. But all I care about is that it lasts 2 1/2 more years.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Everything looks great. I planned on putting my stuff up this weekend, but I got sick. And Brad thinks we have to have a real tree. Which means we only have it for few weeks. My Thumb is is painted red today. Never green. Anyway, it looks great. Miss you.

Brooke Morgan said...

Great minds think a like. We have the same stockings! Looks great. Can't wait to come see it!