Sunday, September 9, 2007

This is for JON FAIRBANKS!

(Sorry this is such a small picture!)

Today was such a great day I had to share really quickly. You know when you get away from your kids/husband for even an hour and some "me" time you just feel like a new woman? That was me today. I was asked to sing in a ward in Pasadena. I left my ward early and went up there thinking I would sing and slip out the back door and go home as soon as I was done. Well, first of all I got there (and this part is for Jon and Mandy) and Kip from Napolean Dynamite was in this ward so I got to talk to him. It so made me think of the Fairbanks and the Napolean crave we went through wanting to watch it constantly and learn the dance and all that. He looks absolutely NOTHING like the dork on the movie. I should have assumed that, I guess. Other than that, the speakers were Richard and Claudia Buschman. They are both authors of church books...one of them being the biography of Joseph Smith. Their talks were so awesome! It was incredible to sit through an entire Sacrament meeting and listen and feel the Spirit. I haven't done that for way too long. So I walked away feeling so refreshed and ready to come home and be a mom again.

8 comments:

Jeuce said...

It is great that you got to hear the Bushman's talk. Bruce was in their ward in Manhattan throughout college. He also took a history class from Richard (a Columbia Prof). He always talked very highly of them. Claudia is very non traditional and has written publicly about giving her children mother's blessings. I'm curious to know what they talked about!

Cheers,

Jeanne

Lisha said...

That sounds so nice! Can't remember the last time I was able to sit through Sacrament meeting and actually listen intently like that. I'm glad you got the rare opportunity!

Nield Family said...

Wow, how fun. I miss those sacrament meetings where you don't have to worry about a child. That would energize me for sure. Hey are you guys coming for Korby's homecoming?

Mandy said...

Thanks for the shout out to Jon....not so grateful for the reminder of Napolean Dynamite....I must have watched that movie a thousand times!!!! Very cool that you got to see kip in person...total bummer that he looks normal (is that mean???)

Jami said...

did anybody else here notice that the last three messages were all sent at 8:37? interesting...

Travis and Jamie said...

So funny that you met Kip! Trav wanted to know why you didn't get a picture with him.

Nield Family said...

Hey we are excited to see you guys next weekend, It will be fun! Good Luck traveling!

Melissa said...

Hey Jami! I'm glad you found our blog - I was wondering how you guys were doing! Crazy that you saw Kip! If he doesn't look like the movie, then what does he look like? Was it easy to identify him? ;) Bella says to say hello to Emma!