Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Counting My Blessings

Today is one of those just happy days. No reason in particular. The kids and I didn't even leave the house. LA has been almost unbearably hot the last few days so we have spent a lot of time in our pool and we watched Little Rascals together and painted and made a cool train track. It was just one of those really focus on the kids days and those are always so good for me cause i just have awesome kids.












Emma is so growing up. She has a couple preschool computer discs that she absolutely loves playing dot to dot and it gives her age appropriate problems to solve like "which picture doesn't belong with the rest" and painting and stuff and I just love to watch her learn. She gets so excited now about reading and has this specific book we're working out of to learn words and she's so excited that I'm so excited. I decided today to put her in preschool again only twice a week. I'm just not ready to give her up yet and then next we'll move it up to three days a week. I think she'll do three years of preschool before hitting kindergarten. I don't think that's very normal, but I want her to be the oldest in her class instead of the youngest. Emma is probably the most sincere person I've ever met. Not to say that she doesn't throw fits because she can compete with the best out there, but when she is acting herself on a normal day she just wants to help everyone else and make sure that they are happy too. For example, she was over at her friend, Dillan's, house the other day and came home to tell me he had no dress up clothes. I told her he probably liked playing with the toys he had, but she contended that he was so sad and said she would give him hers. So she came out with some of her favorite dressup clothes (princess, of course) and said she would give him hers. I told her if she gave them to him she would not get them back to play with herself and suggested that she choose something that wasn't so often used and she kept saying "it's all right." If only I were that willing to give of my "things." Then tonight we were plaing scripture bingo and by dead chance she beat Jack by one and felt bad so she gave him her winning piece and said he could have it. She just rocks.










Jackson, on the other hand, is boy through and through. I love that kid. He is a handful, though. He is constantly climbing anything around...we wish we still had our climbing wall...and is so either brave or stupid that he does crazy things and only gets hurt part of the time. Thismorning he took a face dive on the cement when we were in the pool and has a good sized egg in between is eyes and two minutes later had blood gushing out of his big toe cause he somehow sliced it open and I had to put pressure on to stop the bleeding. Fortunately, as of Saturday, September 1st, we have incredible insurance so he can do whatever he wants now. Whew! And tonight when Jack got home, we got back in the pool and let him run around naked while we swam and of course after just bragging to a friend that we've never really had any big poopie incidences, he came over covered in what he had just dropped and rolled in and it was disgusting. Serves us right, I suppose.

I love my family! We had such a fun three day weekend. Jack didn't have call and we all went to see HAIRSPRAY (my third time) and I just love it! We went to the beach for several hours yesterday and that was the best time we have had yet. Emma is slow to warm up to people and it has not been different with the beach. But she did yesterday! It was awesome! I wish I would have taken my camera cause we LOVED it! Anyway, her birthday is coming up soon so I'll have to right a little diddy on her, as if this wasn't enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackson is getting sooo big. He is a cutie! He looks like you, jami. Hope things are going well!!

Jeuce said...

I LOVE Emma's curly hair! It looks particularly great in your family picture. Going to the beach sounds so great. Yesterday, as you know was my due date, which since it is now 6 am one day later, I am officially past. Bummer. Anyway to take my mind off it we went to Lake Wyola, which has a lovely beach. It was 88 degrees and the water was warm since the last month has been warm with no rain. It was great! Bruce learned how to swim butterfly, which is, of course, one of the central skills necessary for fatherhood. Anyway, while we were there I was commenting that swimming in a lake is nice because when you get out you are not all salty, but somehow it just doesn't feel like you are really at the beach. The beach in LA really feels like a beach, so I am happy to know you were there enjoying it and that EMMA is becoming a beach lover. Bruce and I have all kinds of lifetime beach plans so now we think it'll be easy to convince you, with Emma's help to join us there!

Travis and Jamie said...

Trenton was just asking about Emma in California. He something on the news about Cali and asked if we could go visit ya'll soon. I told him that we would try, but first we have family that we haven't seen in over a year.