Monday, July 28, 2008

a lot of commotion

I don't even know what to call this post. There will be no name, I suppose. Maybe by the end. A lot has happened so I'll just blurt these things out and then explain, for my own ease. Of course, Sadi was born, my brother shot himself, we hit a stove on the interstate, and spent three weeks away from home and are SO happy to be back home. First off, a HUGE thank you to my moms and my dad who came out when Sadi was born. Diana, my mom in law came out, and then my parents both came out. Two days before they planned to leave, we spent the day at the beach and then they watched our kids while we went to a work party to welcome the upcoming residents. While at the party, I received a frantic phone call from my mom that my little brother shot himself. We quickly left the party. It was a little crazy on the way home trying to find out what happened. I didn't know if he was dead or at the hospital or what. Fortunately, his attempt was only an attempt. I was angry at him for quite awhile because I thought how selfish it was of him. I won't go into detail because it isn't my business to share, but it took me some time to gain some empathy for him. I am to that now, though, fortunately, and I'm really anxious for him to realize how wonderful of a person he is. He's been my closest sibling the last several years and he's such a fun uncle and great person to be around. My parents changed their flight for the next morning and we soon after also left for Idaho to be with my family.
A few days later, we were driving to Idaho Falls for my cousin's wedding and to meet my friend, Angie, who I loved in Kentucky when a truck in front of us had a stove in the trailer fly out and land on the interstate and slammed into our vehicle. It was a few cars in front of us. Unfortunately, the way it happened was that the cars in front went to the right and left to dodge, but the slowed down to the point that when we saw what was coming and slammed on the brakes we had no where to go but straight into it. We were all totally safe. jack did vear to the left a bit so it hit off the right side and destructed into MANY pieces on the road. The damage done to our Odyssey was pretty minimal. The paint is very much gone on the right side of the bumper which was also on the ground, and there are a few dents across the right side. Fortunately, Jack worked at a body shop for four years as a teenager and was able to fix everything so now we just have to get a paint job. Anyway, when we got out and the other car that stopped on the right got out to make sure we were all okay. I got back into the car to call 911 and I was so surprised that I was totally in shock. I was shaking so hard I could hardly keep the phone to my ear and talk. I thought I had things under control, though, until Jack told me later that even when the cops got there ten minutes later, the officer pointed out to Jack that his wife was looking "really shook up." Jack said he was in shock a little bit, too, although his reaction throughout the rest of the day was actually quite funny. He'd start laughing out of no where and say "I can't believe I hit a stove." The crappy part is whoever dropped the stove did not stop and nobody caught his license plate number. So if we want it fixed we get to apy for it ourselves.
The next day was Sunday, the 20th, and we blessed our baby girl. A separate post will follow on that.
The bumber part of all this is that I left my camera in California. Jack had his, but it the memory is so small you can only get a handful of pics and we never went out to buy a bigger memory card. So I missed a couple of weeks of Sadi's first month. I'm retarded. She is obviously my third baby. She's growing up so big and fast, though, it makes me sad!

3 comments:

Brooke Morgan said...

I'm so glad you're okay. I can't believe you hit a stove and your car is okay. We are glad you are back and anxious to play. I will call you soon.

I love sadi's name! Too cute.

Jessica Y. said...

Wow Jamie, not a dull moment at your house!I am so glad your family is okay! So sorry to hear about your brother. We will be thinking of you!

maynardmoments said...

Hey Jami,
Thanks for sharing the blog with me. Hope all is well for you. Your kids are adorable!!!!
Do you mind me asking which brother shot himself? Hope he is o.k. too.
Becky Belnap Maynard