Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Having More Gratitude

When i started this blog, I just wanted to use it as a journal, but had a hard time COMPLETELY opening up the flood gates and letting myself onto my pages. I consider myself an open book who tries to be straight up with others and myself. But for some reason I have been timid about my thoughts in here because of fear of what others may or may not think and that has never been something I have really struggled with. Anyway, off the soapbox...I was reading the blog that Jani linked off of hers (I'm actually adding her blog to my links with her permission...Stephanie). I spent a couple hours sobbing last night as I read her blog and was absolutely inspired by her strength. When i was through (actually just taking a break to put the kids to bed) I was happy that Jackson was throwing his normal fit because he didn't want to brush his teeth. I hugged Emma a little harder and longer than I normally do and told her how much I loved and appreciated her. When Jackson wouldn't lie down and go to sleep and just wanted to keep kissing me and sing his favorite church songs (teach me to walk and the temple song) I was happy to do so because i was so grateful that he wanted me to stay by his side a little longer. She's been on my mind a lot today and I've said silent prayers for this little family and woman whom I've never met that lives in Las Vegas. I cannot tell say how many times I've reminded myself today that I'm so lucky to have my children who are arguing over who hit who first. Tonight was my second peaceful night in a row putting my kids to bed because i did so with a lot more patience than I once did.
I've also been enjoying getting up at night with my little girl. i've been so selfish in the amount of sleep that I want to get and have never been one with my first two children who liked that night time together. I love my sleep. But I've enjoyed waking up and looking into the eyes of this perfect daughter who just recently left Heavenly Father and watching her eyes light up when I begin to talk to her. She's so perfect. So perfect.

I've also been so in love with my wonderful husband lately. I always love my husband, but I'm so in love with him. He's wonderful. I love how he has taken the reins with the kids and allowed me to rest at any point in time. I love that our entire marriage he has called home from school or work at least once in the day to see how my day is going. He did this all through dental school and now through residency. Sometimes we really don't have a whole lot to say, but I love that I know he is thinking of me because he calls me. I love Jack. He is the perfect man for me. I feel like I went through my fair share of dating boys before I found the man i dreamed of. He kisses me, sleeping or not, every morning before he leaves for work. How grateful I am to have him for my best friend.

So this is a little post of gratitude for my family. I love being a growing family. our numbers are up to FIVE! Whoo-hoo! On the lighter side...this uterus of mine better keep on kicking cause I need to whip out a few more! I think they're pretty fabulous! :)

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow! I am shedding a few tears myself after reading Stephanie's blog. I don't even know what to write...I'm just stunned and emotional.

Angie said...

Jami! Wow how you have affected my day today! First of all, what a beautiful little girl you have! She is precious and it brings back so many memories for me! I am thrilled for you and your cute family! Congrats! I also happened to link over to Stephanie's blog and since then have wept openly (more than once!). Puts things in perspective doesn't it? I am a changed woman. Thanks for sharing. You are awesome. I miss you.

Harris Family said...

Jami!! I was so thrilled to get a comment from you! I think about you often and wonder what you are up to. Where are you guys living? It looks like you are a busy momma! And an adorable one at that. Your kids are beautiful and I am so excited to catch up again! How fun! Love ya

Rob and Heather said...

Your little baby girl is precious. Congratulations. I saw your comment a couple months ago on my blog, and then life became life. So thank you. I love your blog, I look at it now and then to catch up on what you and your cute family is doing. hope you don't mind.

Liz said...

I love you Jami! I bet you are already an INCREDIBLE mommy! The girl you blogged about is actually in my stake, it was wierd to see how many people have heard of her story when I saw your post! Thanks for finding me in the blogging world. -lizzykins

jessica said...

Congratulations on your new little beautiful baby girl! She is so cute! You have a darling family of five! She definitely fits the Jami/Jack mold as she resembles here siblings when they were newborns. Congrats again...what a lucky baby to come to your home!

Angie said...

Jami! I am so sorry too! I was so excited to see you that day...how random that things would be so interrupted! I hope everything is okay...I'm definately planning on next time! I'll call soon!