Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Little About my Kids

Just an adorable picture of an adorable boy!

I just needed to post a couple good pics of my kids. I cannot believe how grown up they are. Jackson is talking and communicating like crazy and I'm so impressed with how well he can sing, too. This boy brings so much laughter and happiness into our home and makes it hard to be in a bad mood for very long when he either makes me laugh at anything cute he does or is so sweet and wraps his little arms around my neck and I get a big kiss (or lick if he is pretending to be a dog or cat). He's so my little happy boy. I just want to kiss him like crazy. I have constant stories that I'm calling to tell my mom and husband and I'm totally drawing up blank right now. He wakes up every morning and asks to listen to the "Oh, Oh!" song which is Good Morning Baltimore from Hairspray. And he knows that CD so well that if Emma or I am singing it he randomly screams out the next part like yesterday at lunch Emma was singing and at the perfect moment he screams out "nicest kids in town"...not in tune, but in the perfect rhythm. And when I tried to get him to do it for my mom on the phone...I say that part to remind him and he started belting out the ooh's tha came right after it in the song. He's just got so much going on in tha little brain. He's so boy, although because of his older sister he gets very excited to see princesses. But if you sword fight with him or pull out the toy guns he is in heaven. And dancing is most definitely his specialty. We went to a guitar store today to get some recording equipment and there was a room with speakers all over and strobe lights going and music playing the whole time and I was so wishing I had a camera for these kids. I was laughing my head off at how dang cute they are. Being a mom has been very fun this week. I think my first trimester is officially over because I have felt so good this week and had so much fun.


A dress for Christmas from Grandma


I feel like I write about Emma a lot more than I do about Jackson. She is just so grown up and is making so many big choices now. We were at Target on Thursday peeking through their 90% off stuff, which I totally scored on, by the way! So there was this little Christmas Dora the explorer ornament that had candy inside of it and it was obvious that other kids had been in it. She ate one before I even saw the ornament...can you blame her? Candy just sitting out in the open? Anyway, so i asked her what was in her mouth and she showed me where got it and I explained that that was not a good choice and told her we needed to show a worker and say we were sorry. That, as you can imagine, was very scary to her. She cried the whole way to the front of the store and kept telling me she was sorry, and I wasn't mean or angry or anything, I just thought it was an awesome learning experience. So she was dawdling behind which worked well for me so I could explain to the checkout guy what we were going to do and to bear with me (fortunately it was not busy). She stayed hidden behind me through the whole checkout and said she didn't want to do it. And when it was over she kept telling me to tell him. Anyway, we walked away for a few minutes to talk and I told her about some nail polish that I stole when I was her age and how scary it is for me to say sorry, too. Anyway, she said she would do it and she walked right up to him and said "I'm sorry" and that was good enough for me. He came up to us as we were leaving the store and said she was going to be a strong woman someday. Emma was so sweet. I think she was a little overwhelmed with emotion because she just broke down crying when we left. I couldn't help getting teary, too. I was so proud of her cause that just takes guts to do. She went home and when she said the lunch prayer she prayed about having to say sorry about eating the candy. Was I wrong to make her feel so bad? I don't think she recognized it was stealing...and she shops with a mom who munches on the crackers she is about to buy when she grocery shops. I don't regret doing it because I think she really learned a lot from it, but did I create a situation for her to feel bad when she may not have necessarily needed that kind of pressure? I don'tknow. That man was true, though. She is so on the track of becoming a strong girl. She's incredible.


2 comments:

jani said...

I think you're great for what you did- it's those kind of experiences that will stick with her-- Your kids are getting so BIG- especially Jackson- they just change so much when they're that age... I miss you chica!

Crafty Momma said...

Jackson looks so much like you!!! Emma has always looked a lot like jack and now you have one that looks like you! It will be fun to see who baby #3 looks like! They both have grown up so fast. Delia is still pretty little(5 mos.) but she is growing up and getting funner everyday!