Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Finally I can do my tag.

SIX THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME.


1. The guys I dated before marriage all had similar names...Jeff DaBell, Jeff Belnap, and John Bell. I ended with Jack Benjamin Hardy, which I thought was far enough off of my trend that I was safe.

2. I am not deathly afraid of all spiders...just a certain family. HOBOS or anything that looks similar to a hobo. I lived in the basement of a rental house and my room was attached to the unfunushed part of the house. These spiders started showing up like crazy (and if you do not know they are SO FAST, and I understood they could hop, although I've never seen it done, and they are poisonous). They were under my bed, IN my bedding, when I would put clothes on, I would sometimes have one crawl over my shoulder. And I had sticky spider traps in every corner and each one had at LEAST 20 on them. It gives me chills to talk about it. My landlord sent in an exterminator and told me I was sae to clean up after a day. Jack came and helped me. He swept up two different piles that literally had hundreds in them and I continued to find dead ones in storage stuff I had in that room for months afterwards. It was awful.

3. I was anorexic in high school. I don't have many pictures of that time, but the ones I do have, I look sick. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

4. I am the kind of woman, who when I am sick and need to throw up, I would rather get it over with and puke then hold it in out of fear of throwing up. Even i I only have a few minutes of relief.

5. I have five scars on my feet from foot surgeries. I had bone spurs from playing soccer for 10 years. Not a big surgery, but I made it awful because a week after my surgery I began dancing for a couple hours a day to prepare for a tour I was going on with a highschool group (Trouveres). My incisions remained open for three months and were awful infected so that when I actually went on the tour, I was almost unable to perform except I was given painkillers from a doctor so that I could perform. I was also given a horsepill antibiotic at the time which ended up beginning my chronic yeast infection issue.

6. My chronic yeast infection issue. I'm sure you all want to know about this. After that tour, I was out of school for a month and it was the most miserable, painful month ever. I would sit in my room, not even able to wear underwear, and just crawl all over my bed in pain. The doctor called my mom an hour after my first appointment and told her in his 20+ years of practice he had never seen anything like what I had and I was in a lot of pain. Well, yes, I was. And that started my chronic yeast infections. Congratulations to me!

I will tag Natalie, Lisha, Julie Nield, Brinn, Christianne, and my brother, Luke. Sorry you had to read this, Luke.

8 comments:

Sharla said...

We were roommates forever ago, but I was surprised at how many of these things I already knew (1, 5, &6). Not bad for not seeing you in 7 years. I especially remember #1! I don't know if you knew this, but John Bell ended up being my husband's roommate at BYU. Weird.

Collette said...

Actually, your six things didn't even phase me! You're right, you are a very open person. For anyone that remotely knows you, these will not be shocking. If I had put these on my blog, people might be shocked, you-not so much. That's what makes you so great, Jami! You were right, I knew about just about all of them. Anyway...its your blog. You can write what you want to!
PS. I'm glad little Jackson is alright. What a scary thing to watch.

just jen said...

i didn't know any of these things....very good post, now i feel like i know you a little better!

Travis and Jamie said...

Oh your life really is an open book. I didn't know five or six. YUCK!! We sure miss you guys, for some reason every time I see Denise I start to miss you.

Brady and Kariann said...

I hate every kind of spider and would have freaked out if I saw all those spiders - YUCK!! BTW, I like your Christmas template, very cute!!

Borders Family said...

I love how open and honest you are. You make my list of 6 things look like nothing. I am not sure if I am quite as brave as you though :)

Angie said...

Hey Jami! Is Jeff DaBell from around here? I Know someone (kind of) by that name, and just wondered if it is the same. Lots of things I didn't know about you! Spiders freak me out too! I would have DIED in that situation! BTW- our cruise was awesome. Totally the time of our lives...and I loved my suit! I posted some pics...you'll have to check them out.

Jessica Y. said...

WOW, Jami you really are brave in so many ways...