Friday, August 24, 2007










1. Where did you meet your husband?



My second year at Utah State two wards were being split and some members taken to make a new ward. We got put together in the new ward. My first Sunday there, which was totally a meat fest for everyone, I was checking out his roommate and he was checking out my cause he thought I was a hottie. I think you'll find I was a jerk in the beginning of this whole thing, but he totally won me in the end and I came back begging. I played the piano that first Sunday and he thought that was great because he has always loved music.



2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?



Absolutely no idea...probably along the lines of "Hi, my name is Jami." At the time I was actually dating someone in Pocatello and had a crush on 3-4 other people in Logan. I never considered myself a player other than these couple of months out of my life. Jack asked me out SEVERAL times and I continually made up excuses that I was so busy then one day he simply said "when can you go out?" And I had to come up with something. So I told him (this was awful) I had 45 minutes between a class we could go to lunch together on a Tuesday afternoon.



3.Where was your first date?



We went to some pizza joint and he made me laugh so hard and I had so much fun with him. He will actually tell the story that I came up behind him and pushed his knee out from behind him and it hit the counter he was at really hard. I didn't know it hurt him. But he told me he had to go to the bathroom and I later found out that it hurt so bad he went into the ladies room (men's was taken) just to wait it out and probably rub it a little bit. I swear I was innocent.



4. Where was your first kiss?



At his house on a couch. Things literally started going so fast once I saw he was so awesome! After dating about a week and a half, we went to Provo to see my sister and her family then went to a Jazz game where I met his dad and sister. We had so much fun and later that night he was reading scriptures out loud to me and i couldn't hear a thing he was saying cause I was just looking at his lips...I already mentioned that stupid rule I had...so I think I told him I couldn't concentrate cause I just wanted to kiss him and asked if he would and it was awesome! He's always been a dang good kisser. He's got great lips!



5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?



Soon after that (a week or two) we decided to get married, set a date (Jan 16, 2002), went ring shopping, announced to both sides of the family, then a few days later we had this blow up issue I won't share (there was no immorality though for you curious minds out there) and we said nevermind about getting married and thought we ought to do what we could to stay together for now. So we dated until he proposed on Oct 21, 2002 and then married in the Logan, Utah LDS Temple on December 19, 2002. All together 14 months from our first date. We fought hard to stay together. Our year of dating was the hardest year of my life. Usually I think the first year of marriage is hard, but we were so happy once we both felt committed and ready and marriage has been bliss since then!



6. Where did you get engaged?



He took me during the week of midterms up the canyon saying he just thought we needed to get away from the studying and stress and be together for a picnic. When we got to the predetermined spot he told me to go stand by some rock and wait for him cause he had to pee (the romance just flows out of him) (actually, Jack is very romantic...there were just complications) so I went over to the rock and turned around just in time to see him just bookin it up this mountain where we were going on this walk so I totally knew something was up. When he came back I could tell he was trying not to breathe hard, and we started our walk. No clue what we talked about, but we rounded a bend and there was 25 long stem roses on a rock with this nasty ribbon tied around it and a ring hanging from it. He untied the bow and asked if I recognized it. Only then did I realize it was his favorite shirt that I had never liked. He told me he cut it up and wanted me to know he would give up anything for me. He got nervous and hugged me for a second then got down on his knee and amongst many other spoken things asked me to marry him. I love my ring.


7. Where were you married?


Answered that one already. We wet everything up so perfect for us! I was the only bride getting married that day. Getting ready for the temple was fun. As I was getting my hair done I had a delivery of flowers with a note telling me he loved me and was excited to be married that day! So sweet! We had taken temple pictures the week before so when we were done we could go with everyone else to the luncheon, which was so fun because we got to talk with everyone. At some point we decided our luncheon would be of things that we did together. So we ordered Beto's breakfast burritos, pecan rolls, cinnamon rolls, fruit, and juice, and then we and our parents got behind the table we were sending everyone through so we could talk to everyone as we dished them up and it was a blast. Then I say my mom the song "SHE" and cried, and then Jack sang to me "Annie's song" by John Denver, and I cried again. We chose to have our reception the next night so on to hotel we went! It was fabulous!


8. How did the reception go?


So great! We had it in a church gym which is hard to do considering what you're dealing with. But everyone did such a good job! My best friend, Lyndsay, who lived in Nebraska flew out and also told me she was sorry for me that I had it in a gym, but when she walked in said she was so impressed! So apparently it was awesome. I sang a song to Jack called "I Dreamed of You" by Barbara Streissand and danced with my dad cried with so many friends and family. Lyndsay listened to the CD for the song and was able to just come up with the accompaniment for me. She's always been incredible! It meant so much to me that so many friends and family came! It was so laid back and fun!

9. How was the honeymoon?

I was tired!!! I thought is was just from finishing a semester at school and the wedding, but we found out just under a month later I was pregnant already. I pretty much slept through our honeymoon. The best part of it though was Carmel and Monterey, CA. We spent some nights there in this cottage hotel and had so much fun walking the beach and watching the sunset. I loved it!

Am I done yet? I think I'll tag Mandy and Natalie.

2 comments:

jani said...

ya, would've liked to have been at the wedding if I even KNEW about it! Sheesh...

Jeuce said...

Oh Jami! This totally cracked me up. I LAUGHED hard the idea that you gave Jack 45 min between classes on Tuesday! I can not believe Jack was so persistent. That is a total crack up! Jeanne