Saturday, June 19, 2010

Goodbye little Jed!


I'm a terrible, horrible, no good, very BAD dog owner. When I chose Jed as our little dog, I instantly knew I had chosen a dang good dog, but still, apparently he was a dog. I didn't like that he shed (even though i was told chihuahua's didnt shed. it's not true), I didn't like the smells, and I didn't like that he was yet ANOTHER someone that needed my attentions! So I quickly began to despise the little one...and take my frustrations out on the little five pound guy. He so didn't deserve it.
SO without sharing the story that broke the camel's back (because I'm sure you would think I was HORRIBLE) I am just sharing that we said goodbye to him over Memorial Day.
My brother, and a few others, had told me that if I ever wanted to get rid of him that they wanted him and it worked out pretty perfectly for everyone involved. My brother lives alone and needed a companion and Jed is so easy and already house-trained. My kids were most definitely sad to see him go. Especially Emma. He was really her friend more than any of us. But it worked out awesome that we will still get to visit him whenever we go to grandma's house in Idaho. And I know I will like him so much more when I see him and be excited to see him, but he really was so great, I just wasn't up to the task.
In the end, I knew that I wasn't good to him and I would be held accountable for the way I treated him. hopefully, giving him up will be a bonus by then! Anyway, just let I'd fill ya in!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

This is the very reason we don't have a dog. The kids and Todd want one bad, but I am just not up to the task. I don't want the shedding from dogs that aren't suposed to shed, the added vet bills, the food bill, the walking and general maintenance that goes along with it. Good for you for seeing it was becoming a problem before things got too bad.

Nicole said...

PS. I love the new header picture!