Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Treasure Found


This post is specifically about Sundays. These are the best and the worst of days. Jack has had morning meetings on Sundays from the moment we got married so I have always been the one to get the kids ready for church. Jackson, the majority of the time, makes a ten minute project for him (clothes and shoes on, and hair gelled) into 30-40 minutes with some raising of the voice (a.k.a. yelling), bribing, begging, etc. He is his mama's child in that he loves his pajamas...and VERY much dislikes dressy clothes. he won't touch any of his 8 polo shirts and has only recently (past Christmas) put on nice pants, shirt, sweater, and tie without too much fuss. However, last Friday I found this sweater and tie at The Children's Place that I thought would be great for Easter. I played it up that he would look handsome in his tie just like Daddy's and he was so excited. He dressed HAPPILY and got his hair done with a smile onhis face on Sunday (even mentioned how his hair looked good) and when we got home from church he didn't want to take his church clothes off. I was so excited that I went back to the children's place the next day and got three more ties and two shirts. He asked if he could wear a shirt and tie home and I was loving it the rest of the day. Was this all it took the whole time? Get him nicer clothes for church? I'm excited for the options I have now to choose from and that hopefully he's not going to fight getting his clothes on for church quite so much.

2 comments:

California Garners said...

It still works when they are 13.

jani said...

He looks so cute-
Bryson's new thing is a suit I got last year (on clearance at Walmart) after Easter- he takes himself SO seriously when he's in it!