Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our angel wouldn't keep her clothes on.
Mary for got to take her pillow out when she had the baby. She looks a little chesty!
Everett got to play the baby Jesus. He was 5 wks old.
Our wise men. They look pretty wise.
Sadi falling out of the manger when it was over and she was jealous because she didn't get to be the baby.
Christmas morning when it was clean.
tree
Jackson's gift was this huge set of army soldiers and tanks.
Emma's big gift this year was just tons of crafts. She is my little artist.
Apparently Sadi had no big gift because I didn't take pics of it and I can't remember what it was. Whoops!

It's a little late, but not near as bad as last year's late Christmas post. We had so much fun this year. Christmas Eve we had a fantastic dinner at our house with Mike, Lilian, Jorge, Sam, Everett, and Simon (this was his second year with us and we sure like him). We love having close friends for our family out here. The Moore's are our family and we're going to miss them terribly when we move.
One thing I can say about never having lived by family, though, is that I am grateful that we wake up and have Christmas as just our little family. I don't think that will change even when we do live close to siblings and parents. The feeling of gratitude that i have when my kids get so excited is just for me to enjoy...my own present.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is a nice looking tree. Ours always looks like a Charlie Brown Tree. Glad you had a good christmas. It's been so long since I have seen you.

Nicole said...

We treasure our Christmas mornings too. Its just us and the kids and the extended family comes later. I love it that way.