Saturday, June 28, 2008

Welcome Sadi Morgan Hardy!



She's HERE! So she is officially three days old today! It actually makes me sick because they have flown by and I want her to stay this little for as long as possible. She is so sweet and perfect. I am loving having her here and safe and healthy.




What can you really say about this pic?
On the other hand....hottie!
Prior to OR
7'4" and 19 1/2 inches long

Don't we all need one of these kinds of pics? As cute and beautiful as I think she is, I'm never a fan of this pic! Is that mean?

Classic C-section shot. Proud mommy
Meeting the siblings
Her second mother.
So cute!

First family shot.
Dr. Grady
The day she went home.
Our welcome home sign.


First night at home. Jack actually just put the changing pad in our bed in between us and it worked like a charm. She's waking up once a night so far. Can't complain a bit about that.


So for those of you who want the full story bear with me. This was not the best experience for me, though, so you'll get the whole scoop. We made it to the hospital at 6 AM the morning of the 25th (Wednesday). I was anxious only for the spinal because I remember it hurting last time. There's really not much to say since it was a scheduled thing. However, the drama actually started when they took me in to get the spinal. Like I said, I was nervous. The anesthetist told me all of the possible side effects (head ache, chills, nausea) which didn't make me nervous because I had had a spinal before. So I went in and held hands with the nurse and it didn't hurt. I was pleasantly surprised. He told me to lie down quickly which I did. That was when the pain started. I got the headache. I guess when he said headache, I didn't really imagine this kind of a headache. I've never had a migraine so i cannot compare. Maybe this was a migraine. Every heartbeat shot the most incredible jolt of pain up my spine and into my head . It FREAKED me out! I really thought something was wrong with the kind of pain I was in. My blood pressure and heart rate skyrocketed and they couldn't do the surgery until they could get them back down. I don't consider myself a big woose (SPELL?) to pain and this was awful! Anyway, They let Jack in about five minutes later and I broke down and started crying. They did the surgery and I was also surprised at how long it took. I remember it being so fast with my first two, but the situations were totally different. But when I finally heard her cry I was so happy and proud. I just kept thinking "I got her here" and was able to move the curtain in front of me just enough to see them doing the stuff on the video below this post. It was so satisfying in spite of the fact that I was still experiencing that headache. They gave her to Jack who brought her over to me so I could kiss her head and talk to her for a minute and then the nurses whisked her away. This is where the experience turned horrible.
This hospital was one of three that surround me and i was warned not to go to this hospital. Unfortunately, I had not been a member of my insurance group (at least 6 months, they say) (I was only three) long enough to choose which hospital I wanted. This hospital was my only choice. And I did not find out their "policies" ahead of time. The first crappy policy: only mom and baby get matching wristbands so hospital considers dad a visitor. They told Jack he could go to the nursery to watch Sadi be bathed and when he followed they stopped him at the nursery door and said he had to watch from a little window twenty feet away. The nurses had their backs to him and when he knocked on the window to tell them that he couldn't see anything (especially her because their bodies were in the way) they rolled their eyes and turned back around. So he missed the whole thing. When I was done in the OR they took me to recovery. I asked when i would be able to see my baby and they said she was getting bathed and would meet me in my room upstairs. That was their next crappy policy: mother and baby cannot be together until she is out of recovery. My vitals were still way up and even though I felt fantastic (they gave me drugs about a half hour after the surgery for the headache to go away), I couldn't go upstairs until they had gone down. So, of course, why not bring baby to me? It was hospital policy. And still, they wouldn't let Jack hold Sadi in the nursery because he didn't have anything to claim her. I won't go on mor about this except to say that Jack finally came down to me very frustrated and i was already very frustrated and we threw a big enough fit that they said if my vitals weren't down by a certain time then they would bring her down. I was mad because they kept telling me I was anxious and needed to calm down, but they wouldn't let me see my daughter. Well, of course, I was anxious. Anyway, I calmed down and they let me go upstairs and at 11:02 am(three hours after she was born) I got to hold my little girl.
This is where the story gets happy to me. She was perfect and wonderful and knew just what to do when we tried nursing. I couldn't believe how pretty she looked and how much I loved her as soon as I saw her. We spent the next couple hours loving on her and staring until the kids got there to be introduced. We had so much fun with them there. They so loved her. I was so impressed with Emma and Jackson. I thought at least the two year old would be chomping at the bit to get out of that teeny room, but he was happy as can be to sit for over two hours and just stare and say "I wahn hole ye" (translation in previous post). They adore her. The hospital stay did end up better also. i had a great nurse my first night that I got along with really well and we requested each other for the next night, also. I had so many people come see me and hold Sadi and since I have been home, I have still felt very loved by all those who have stepped out of the woodwork to help out. Jack and I have been so grateful to the friends I have made since I have been out here. they really do take care of me. And my mom (in law) just left yesterday (July 2nd). She's absolutely incredible and i love her so much. It was so sad she left. Sadi has been home a week now and is doing fantastic, although she is not sleeping as well as I would like. She only wakes up once to eat, but stays up for two hours before she wants to be back asleep. She's gorgeous and sweet, though, and I love finally having her with me.






14 comments:

Lisha said...

So fun to see all the pictures. I'm sorry the whole experience could've been better. She sure looks sweet! BTW, I love that blanket in the last picture. Where did you get it or did someone make it?

Nicole said...

Congratulations Jami and Jack! Sadi is beautiful, and although the delivery wasn't so pleasant, the reward in the end was worth it!! Love the pics...you're little family is so CUTE!!

jani said...

What HORRIBLE hospital policies!! I would have had a really hard time with that, but, that aside, she IS beautiful! What a cutie- doesn't it just make every ache and pain and frustration and impatient moment so worth it?!? I'm so happy you're all doing well! Love you guys!

Amy said...

Congratulations Jami and Jack! She is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to come meet her. I'm going to bring dinner sometime next week,but if there is anything I can do before just let me know. This week I have had Jury duty. Yuck! Take care.

Lilian said...

Thanks for bringing her out on mini trips. She's already been to Karaoke and a Pool Party!

Brady and Kariann said...

Congratulations Jack and Jamie!! She is beautiful. I love all the pictures. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so cute too. We are happy for you guys!

Collette and Kevin said...

congratulations jami! she's beautiful!

Travis and Jamie said...

Sorry that things were so bad in the beginning. But she is a cute little thing! And I didn't realize it before, but we share the same Birthday!!

Deanna said...

Wow! I am behind on blogging!!! Congratulations, Jami! Sadi is beautiful! I'm sorry you had such an ordeal at the hospital, but waking up once a night is worth it. :o) Keep those pics comin'!

Stohl Family said...

Sadi is sooo cute! Enjoy every second because it goes way to fast. I want to cry every day I look at Lily and know how big she is getting. I can't believe the hospital wouldn't let you hold her for that long...I would be so mad too. BTW, I love the name!

nat and josh said...

Sadi is so cute! Sorry your hospital stay wasn't so great. I would have been so upset if I could't see my baby. Also, sorry we didn't make it to your house while we were in California. The girls were exhausted, we had over an hour to drive back, but alas excuses are like butts everybody has one some are just bigger than others. So sorry again, we should have come up.

just jen said...

good job!

she's a cutie.

Pam said...

congrats!!! Isn't it great to get them here safely. You are doing great. You guys look wonderful and your baby girl is beautiful. Enjoy the time it goes way to fast. My little baby is 3 months already.

Michael and Brinn said...

Yeah!! She's here. I love seeing Emma and Jackson with little Sadi. They are precious. I hope all is going well now that you're home. Congratulations to the whole Hardy clan! I love you guys!