Tuesday, June 17, 2008

False Alarms

A quick family shot before my false baby coming.
Another.

I had my first one today. This is something that I have never experienced before and I do not want to again. Jani and i were talking a month or so ago about how we pregos think that anything is labor and we rush to the hospital only to get sent home. This is not me. Both times i was in labor, I was in denial, even though with Jackson I was full on climbing up the wall on my bed in pain and was dialated to a seven when I got to the hospital. With Emma my water broke and I still didn't think this could be the real thing. Well, at 3 am I began to have regular, painful contractions and then woke Jack up at 6 am thinking it was time for him to go to work. He kept telling me there was no way he was going to work with the shape I was in and I told him this was not the real thing. He more or less told me I know nothing about "real labor" because look at my track record. Good point, dangit. Then there is the idea that I'm having a c-section anyway so why go through all that labor and pain just to be cut open again. Good point again. Dangit. Okay, so I called the doc and they so go to the hospital. I was very emotional by now because I get that way when I'm tired so I called Monica and woke her up, bless her heart, and just cried. So she took the kids. I love having best friends that I can call on and know that all is well. Anyhow, literally as soon as I got hooked up to those stinking machines, the contractions stopped. Like one every fifteen minutes kind of stopped. It was ridiculous! I was so mad because I didn't want to be there in the first place, but now that I am there, get this girl out. I'm ready! So now I don't want to go back until I KNOW it is the real thing. How aggravating. Will someone come play with me tomorrow? I need emotional support. And someone to clean my bathrooms! :)

3 comments:

jani said...

So so so so so so so so SO Sorry!! I really do feel your pain! Wish I could clean your bathrooms- but just do it while you can because having three just kinda hit me sometime in the past few weeks!

The Wilkes said...

I did the same thing with Avery and felt so silly that I swore I would not go back to the hospital until her head was poking out of me. We called Joe Smith to come over to watch Carter since he lives right across the street. So embarrassing to come home and have to tell him thanks but no baby. Everybody does it...don't worry about it.

Michael and Brinn said...

I'd love to come clean your bathrooms and play with you. Why do you have to live so far away? I'm sorry about the false alarm, hey but you've got to know that this little baby is close (at least you're hoping). I've been really missing you this summer. Can't we go play with our girls? It looks like life is treating you well in California. Your baby shower looked fun and looks like you've made some great friends. Hope Emma, Jack, and Jackson are doing well. Good luck with the real deal when the baby comes. You look darling and ready.