Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Proud Mommy Moment


Last week we were asked to come up with a musical number to sing in church today. I was so excited for the opportunity because I wanted Emma to join a song with us. She has really opened up since beginning karaoke nights and she is totally come out of her shell. So we talked to her about doing a song with us and settled on "Teach Me to Walk in the Light of His Love." We practiced throughout the week and Jack mentioned a few times the fear of putting too much pressure on our four year old girl. I think I have felt like I want her to get over those fears now because of what that would mean to her when she grew up. There is so much insecurity in life anyway, but if she could conquer a fear of being in the public eye, then that would be something else. So those were my good intentions as a mom. And she said she wanted to do it, so I said good for her. She did the first verse solo, and then Jack and I came in on "come little child" and then we all sang the third verse together. Anyway, SHE DID AWESOME!!! We got up and she got right in the microphone and started out singing the second verse, but with our help she quickly swapped to the first verse and didn't look back. So I was so proud I couldn't hold back the tears. Jack and Emma more or less did a duet and I just stood up there for moral support. We got it recorded so I'll try to download it so you can hear her. She honestly did just so great. She has had a lot ofpressure the past week and has handled it like a champ! She memorized her talk in primary last Sunday, sang in church this Sunday, and is doing her first violin solo in her group class tomorrow. I've been really proud of her and am hoping she just keeps chugging along cause she is doing fabulous! I love you, Emma!

4 comments:

just jen said...

i am so sad i missed it!

jani said...

How sweet... I want to see the video!

Julie said...

A girl after my won heart! Isn't it wonderful seeing your child doing something you also love? LOVE IT!

Michael and Brinn said...

I'm proud of her too. She is doing so well and she has the best coach. . .you! Brookie loved watching the video of Emma's violin solo. She loved it and wanted to see more videos. Her teacher looks wonderful. How do you know how to pick em? I'd really love to get Brooklyn started in music lessos, but want her to have a good experience and the teacher makes all the difference.