Tuesday, April 8, 2008

All my pregnant glory

Just a quick note to all who care about how pregnancy is going. I know I haven't posted any pictures and because most of you who read my blog actually know me, you also know I have no problem expressing myself sometimes very bluntly. Which means you also know I have an oversized chest and have never thought much of it. I don't like pictures. That being said, I have an oversized chest and DO NOT LIKE IT!!! There. My stomach isstartingtocatch up, though. Our little one is an active little gal doing flips constantly and jabbing back at any hand that may be cramping her style at any point in time. I had a doctor's appointment today and at 28 weeks I am officially 6 lbs past the weight that I delivered Jackson and 7 lbs away from my delivery weight with Emma. I'm guessing I'm gonna pass her up, too. I think I said this before, but I am just not worried. Not to say that I don't care about my weight because unfortunately, much of my self esteem comes from my vanity so this tehnically could be leading to quite the issue in a few months. But for now I'm trying to give myself a break and just enjoy this pregnancy. This has been my favorite one so far. I think I was in denial with Emma because I was pregnant so fast after we got married. With Jackson I was terrified of having a little boy because I was scared of penises (Yes I am past that now), and with this one I've just loved cuddling with my glorious tummy and watching her move and knowing that if I drink cold water or just chew ice it makes her active as can be. It's been great. We haven't come up with a name, but we don't put much time into it. We still like Morgan, which is what Emma was called until she came out of the womb, I like Macie, Jack is not a huge fan of anything, but he doesn't come up with any of his own so he just might not get a say in this if he doesn't get working! I am at 158 lbs today, the doctor said I'm looking at gaining around 40 lbs this pregnancy. I gained 55 with Emma and 21 with Jackson. My fabulous news of this appointment, though, is that he told me that if all goes well with this c-section I can go home the day after like vaginal birth! I was complaining about having to stay 4 days because they are so boring and uncomfortable and terrible food and I have a nurse for a mom and a doctor for a husband and they can take my vitals if they are that important and Jack can take out my staples and stitches. I just want to go home and he said okay! Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I don't know where I have been, but congratulations on the pregnancy! You go girl-and with a girl. Good luck with the name selection. Jack sounds like he is a lot like Ryan in that area.

just jen said...

you are beautiful...i love cleavage!

if you've got it, flaunt it, right?