Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Little about My Love!


Can I just say that I love my husband SO MUCH? I'm always so impressed with his incredible attitude about life. He spends more time with his kids than any father I know and takes any and every opportunity to race home to see his family and we just adore him. Ever since I met Jack one of the things that has impressed me most about him is his sincerity and integrity. I really believe that he is living his life HONESTLY in EVERYTHING he does. He is constantly evaluating himself and talking to me about things he can do better and his plan for him to get there. Especially since tomorrow is our five year anniversary and because of our situation here in Idaho, I wanted to write something about my husband because I appreciate him so much. Many of you know it was a LONG road for us to get married. We only dated a year before we got engaged, but that was ONE LONG YEAR!!! We fought to stay together and I'm so glad we did because marriage has been a cake walk compared to that!

I remember after we first got married and got pregnant so fast that I was working full time and was SO TIRED. And every night he would make dinner and let me go to bed as soon as it was over and I'm sure it was not fun (actually, I know it wasn't because he has the worst memories of that time), but it was because of him that I made it through those first few months. And it was so fun moving across the country with him and becoming a family. He's been wonderful to show me love and serve me and be a wonderful husband and dad to my kids. They so completely adore him.
Okay, so this part is written just a tad bit later...I wanted to share what Jack did for me. During Christmas we had planned out where we would spend our time for how long. Christmas Eve we were at his parents house and I got a call that my dad was in the ER and couldn't breathe and had congestive heart failure. As a daughter, I was a wreck and just wanted to be back there because I have hated being away and not being able to help much. However, Jack was so good and said what ever we had to do we would do. Originally, he was going to drive home alone with the kids and I would stay for a few days alone with my parents (or mom, at least, since dad would be in the hospital). But that idea just killedboth of us because we were excited to have a few days as a family before he got back to work. So we decided to go back to my parents house together and do all that we could get done together and then go home together. So after we did Christmas at his parents house, we packed up and drove back to Idaho. (I also want to put a little thank you in here to his mom and dad and sister. First of all, for being so understanding and letting us go without any question about where we should be and what about fairness of time and all that. They've always been so good about all of those things which has made it so happy to go home and we love to be in Wyoming with them because they are such wonderful people. Also, to Mom and Allisa a thank you because after Christmas morning we took three hours and pumped out 16 meals to take to my parents to freeze and have ready during all these times. Thank you! I love you all so much!) So we made it to Idaho to see my dad for a few hours before he left again for SLC to go back into the hospital which ended up being for 18 days. But Jack and I went to moms and deep cleaned and cleaned and I don't know if we did anything that made any huge impact...it actually probably hindered because we put things away where they probably didn't go...but I didn't know what I could do, but knew I could do that...and Jack was right there by my side. It was the best support I could have asked for from him and we still got to go home and be together as a family before he went to work. He's wonderful.
Another of my favorite things about him is he makes a big deal of things that I don't and need to be better at. For instance, birthdays, holidays, he doesn't forget and I'm not one who does make a big deal and I should. For Christmas, he once again surprised me (which makes 3 surprises he's pulled off since we've been married) and gotme a new bike and his brother's family got me a bike trailer and I'm LOVING it! As are my kids! He always gets me wonderful gifts and actually surprises me with them, unlike me who can't do surprises and have to tell as soon as I buy it!
I love you, Jack. You're my perfect match. Thanks for meing so wonderful!

No comments: