Monday, January 16, 2012

This is one of those posts I started and never  finished.  I've got lots of those.

Today has been one of "those" days. Jack began the demolition of the kitchen last night so everything kitchen is out in the sunroom which will be my home for the next 4-5 weeks. Anyhow, I think I honestly just woke up cranky. Nothing bad happened. I volunteer every Tuesday at my kids classes and today neither teacher had a whole lot for me to do. It was probably a blessing in disguise. I went grocery shopping instead.
I have to laugh at myself. For the first time, I went to a store to purchase "freezer" meals. I was so embarrassed and I don't know why. I have never purchased a meal that you throw in the oven and its done an hour later and vwah-la! But with my kitchen a mess that's what I'm resorting too. Now in order to not offend in a PC world, I have to say "there's nothing wrong with freezer meals" and "I have a lot of friends which do the freezer meal thing on a regular basis" (which is true) but I have not! I've taken pride, obviously if I'm writing a post about it, that i make things from scratch and they taste great! However, going through the store i felt like I needed to explain myself to the checkout lady that my kitchen is being remodeled so I have to buy these things to make it easier. One, does she care? Two, who do I think I am? I'm assuming a lot of people go this route or there wouldn't be such a market for them. Anywho...I thought that was a tad prideful and funny of me that it was such a big moment for me. On to better things.
I lost my iphone. HELLO!!! It truly is sad to say that my life is on that thing! But it is and I was so scared that I lost it! I called and called and texted from Jacks phone to the person who had it to please call my husbands phone number, but I put a security code on it so you can't get to the phone book even if you do want to be honest. CRAP! I even had the 'find my iphone app" on it, but apparently set it up under jacks ID so when I went to look for it it told me my husband was on the interstate on his way home. how helpful. After stressing for five hours a man picked up the phone and said all was well.


Farewell kitchen.

No comments: