Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Emma's Baptism

I don't feel old, but feel like I should feel old if I have a daughter who has been baptized.  When did she grow up?  She was baptized September 17, 2011 at Martin's Cove.  One of the many awesome things about Casper is we are so near pioneer historical sites and they allow ordinances to be performed.  AND they said I could take pictures up until the moment the ordinance was actually being done, which me me very happy!  So here are a few pics of beautiful Emma on her baptism day.
 She has such a beautiful dress that I looked long and hard for, thank you very much.
 Everyone tried pulling the handcarts, of course.
 Emma's cousin whom she GREATLY looks up to.  Jaden wanted to be apart of the whole thing so she came to the bathroom to help with all the getting ready.



Because we had so recently moved here and it took a little bit of travel to get to Martin's Cove, I didn't figure there would be too many people lining up to come watch and I wanted Emma to feel like she had friends and support.  So we took an extra car and filled it with a bunch of girls in her class.  It turned out so perfectly.

I was worried that morning (not as badly as everyone else) because the sky was REALLY overcast and sprinkling/pouring off and on.  I guess I figured it would be more of a pioneer experience if it was chilly and I thought that would be good for her, too.  However, about 10 minutes before her service the skies cleared up and the sun came out and made everyone very happy.  What a beautiful/memorable day for her and me.  I thought it couldn't have been more perfect.

4 comments:

Collette said...

What a neat experience. You are such a good mom! Bringing girls from her class. I bet they all loved that and will remember it forever! We are headed to Casper in March. It would be great to see you!!

California Garners said...

That's a baptism to remember. She's such a lovely girl. Good job Jamie!

Lindsey said...

What an amazing day. Baptizing your first is so emotional. I love that you updated your blog. I need your email, or some way to talk you more often. Hey, maybe you could start Facebook. Miss you, wish you were closer.

Nicole said...

Out door baptisms are so cool. Congratulations Emma!