Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Three more days. Just three. Then I want to sleep for three days. This will not be the most uplifting post, I am sure. I'm just tired. Truth is, my kids have been fantastic the past week while Jack has been out of town. Hardly any fighting, and really sweet and good to me, but we are all feeling the emptiness of not having dad around for this long. How do service men and women do this? Or just women who are married to traveling salesmen? Heavenly Father must really have known my limits when he hooked me up with my love because I don't function well alone.
I began contracting on Sunday night (at random, no regularities) and got the runs and had them up until I went to the doctor this morning and of course they hooked me up to the monitor and the whole time I was there I had nothing. Of course. I've had nothing since either. Not that I'm complaining. I actually got teary on my way to the doctor recognizing I'd be pretty scared doing the C-Section on my own. So I am grateful I'm not progressing, but it's just funny to me that all it takes to stop contractions is to hook yourself up to a machine. It was a very fun preview for me. I don't get the belly bands around me since I am a c-sectioner, but I have had them and it's so fun to hear his heartbeat. I got for a whole 30 minutes today. So cute. And Sadi was patient and adorable as could be sitting with me that long. She's a good girl.
We did get her results back and no fractures or anything. All is well. Phew! And I think I mentioned a couple months back how she potty trained herself. Through the night and everything. It is so impressive to me. Emma was 4 1/2 before she woke up to pee and Jackson still hasn't conquered that one. He's actually funny cause he's such a deep sleeper. We'll get him up to pee before we go to bed and stand him up at the toilet and he still has not let anything go cause he's totally asleep the whole time. I try to splash water on his hands and face to wake him up. I told him that we were trying really hard to get him to wake up and he told me to punch him. He promised he would not be mad at me if i hit him to wake him up. Funny boy.


I just think this is a cute pic.

1 comment:

Mardi said...

you look great! hang in there. :)