Thursday, March 4, 2010

This post is my vanity

So I am not posting to tell everyone that I think I am fat. I recognize I am not. However, I'm 5'4" and weigh 140 lbs. I think I'm supposed to be 125-ish? I went to the doctor for a checkup and referral (is that spelled right?) in October and my doc told me that I was one pound away from telling me that I needed to lose some weight. Okay, fine. I have this problem with food addiction, though. I LOVE, LoVe, lOvE good food! It's terrible! I love mexican, italian, indian, chinese, anything greasy, anything healthy, you name it and I'll eat it. Although seafood is something I only tolerate. DO NOT LOVE!!!
When Emma started school in August I made a goal that I would bike or run her to school everyday (2 miles there and back..i mean altogether not 4 miles). I did really well the first 2 1/2 months. I was doing 20 miles a week...that sounds so much to me, but considering I was biking half of those it's not so much. in november i took a 2 1/2 month leave and started up again in february. I run almost every morning. Oh PS i use the would run VERY loosely. It's a mix of however hard I am breathing at the time. I don't like it. i would so rather dance, but when do i find time to do that with three kids? if you say morning you have to remember that i also love sleep. So here are my pics of me right now...


my belly relaxed
love handles. I carry the majority of weight gain in love handles.
holding things tight. not sucking in, just holding tight. not too bad
still holding things tight. gotta love emma in all these pics, too. she picked her own lovely outfit out for school this day. turquoise, pink pants, and a wool lime-ish sweater. who am i to tell her it doesn't match. she could be the next fashion guru.
after my jog, now sucking in
jack thinks I'm hot after my jogs when I'm stinky and sweaty. would i win a hot award? I think I look like my brother more and more which makes me think i am not so hot. a girl having the facial characteristics of a boy? ewwww...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I wish you all the luck in the world. I lost ten lbs last November and gained it back in December. Lost all my motivation. When are you coming this way? Summer is around the corner.

Nicole said...

I am so there with you babe. All I see when I look in the mirror is my brother. I told Todd that one day and he said I was crazy. He apparently didnt agree with the brother comparison. It hasn't been so bad since then.

I am on the weight loss bend too. Todd is down 40lbs now and I don't want to get left behind. I went down 20 and have been stagnenet since christmas. Its all that yummy food around the house! Like what I am eating write now...mmmmmm

MUST STOP EATING YUMMY FOOD!!!!