Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HOPE

So I haven't used my blog as much of a venting area for politics as I probably should. The truth is is that I am a talk radio junkie. I love Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin (although it has taken me a while to get past his voice. It's a tad nasally.) I think I got the trait from my father who drove me crazy as a kid because I couldn't stand hearing those boring voices all the time.
On any given day you can call me and find out what politically is going on my little brain. I tend to lean very conservative, although there are a few areas I might budge toward the middle...I'm just throwing those in there cause I don't know what they are, but I'm willing to think there's gotta be something.
I recognize that people all around the country are feeling the same way I am feeling which is that I am very rapidly watching my country and my freedoms be taken away with a happy face on the package telling me that it is going to be good for me. My husband and I aren't nearly educated enough to know what is good for us and our family. It's a good thing those big guys in Washington are watching out for me. BLAH!!!
My reason for posting is that this is the first night in over a year that I have felt HOPE. Scott Brown won in Massachusetts. I am SO HAPPY!!!!! My father called me when he heard and it was just this huge relief. I couldn't help but wonder if ACORN was somehow going to sneak in thousands of votes for Coakley, but it didn't happen and their voices were heard! YEAH MASSACHUSETTS!!!!! I'm so proud of you!

4 comments:

Mardi said...

Oh, sweet victory!

http://wizbangblog.com/content/2010/01/19/why-scott-brown-won-tonight.php

jani said...

Amen Sista!! Hallelujah!! (Imagine I'm throwing my hands up in the air too...)

Collette said...

I was so excited too! My friend's wife wrote a thought provoking blog about it. She basically said that they didn't necessarily vote for the republican, but against Obama and all he is doing. She then says that the Republicans need to not blow it and get things going in the right direction. Here is the link:http://chelseyandbryan.blogspot.com/2010/01/thoughts-on-massachusetts-senate-race.html I hope you can get to it. I think you'll like it.

Oh and PS. Hi. I'm glad you're blogging again!

Nicole said...

We watched the election results com in on a webstream from a Boston news station. We were so happy! My BFF is from Boston and she couldn't believe it! A republican winning in Mass??? Its like finding a Unicorn! OH HAPPY DAY!