Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So My birthday was a week and a half ago. I turned the BIG 30. I told Jack that I wanted this new camera for my big day and was kind of disappointed when I came across some information two days before that told me that was not what I was getting. The thing that I always fail to remember is that I have married one of the most thoughtful men in the world. My birthday was awesome. So here's the story.
The day before my birthday my husband calls
"Jami, I have a huge favor to ask. Put the kids in the car and meet me at the Mill. Oh and bring your makeup."
So when I pull up to the Mill (where our friends live) he gets in my car and tells me to hop in his truck and everything I need to know is in there.
The ipod is in there waiting for me to push play with a bunch of roses on the seat and some gum for fresh breath! So he gives me some loving words and guidance from the ipod and directs me to pick up Lilian. I love that girl. He said I deserved a night out! So I got Lil and she had more roses with a note that said I got to go have Indian food and a fabulous restaurant. Lilian is my Latina clone. She loves indian food, too, so we stuffed ourselves silly when we got there. But our server pulls out more roses and a note and sends us to Burke Williams Spa for the day. We each got to be pampered with saunas and steam rooms and jacuzzis and fruit and drinks and of course, a delightful massage. When Lil and I walked out of the massage and met in the lounge, she started laughing and how relaxed I looked. It was hard to get more roses and leave that place. Next time, I'm bringing a book and staying and entire day. But he sent us to get a mani/pedi next. From the nail place he sent me to buy a new outfit at ANTHROPOLOGY (but I couldn't make myself do it. It was so expensive! So I have to take that gift card back. He said that was fine so i hope I'm not being mean. Of course the most caring words are "we can't afford it" so he just needs to remember I love him!) At the store, I was given my last set of rose with a note to come home to my loving family who decorated the entire house for me with crepe paper and balloons and made me a fabulous carrot cake and and Thai waiting for me for dinner. And to top off one of the best days of relaxation I have EVER had, my kids gave me my last gift...the camera that I wanted.
Jack, you are wonderful. This whole day made me feel so blessed that I had a husband willing to go through all the time and effort that you did to put that whole day together. Thank you for being a wonderful husband, father to three, and best friend to me. I love you!

7 comments:

Jasonites said...

Happy 30th Birthday. I am not too far behind you. On Thursday is my BIG day. Can you believe it that we are 30? Where do the years go? It sounds like you had a fabulous day and I'm a little jealous! You have cute kids and it sounds like life is good for your family. Keep in touch! Aime

Collette said...

Happy Birthday! Believe it or not I really did think about you. Did I do anything about it? No, sorry about that. Sounds like your day was perfect. What a wonderful husband. Wow, 30. Weren't we all just turning 19 and 20? Where has the time gone?!

PS. Your kids are so cute. I think Sadie looks just like you.

Collette said...

Those were fun days. I had forgotten about the drama class singing. There were some boys in there who really believed I was 21. I just remember them saying, "no way, we thought you were our age!" Ha! At least we thought we were pretty dang funny! Thanks for the fun memory.

Lisha said...

All I can say is WOW! Jack is amazing! Happy 30th Jami! Fun to see some catching up on your blog. Maybe one of these times we are in St. George we will see you guys as you come through. :)

Nicole said...

awwww! Happy Birthday Jamie! What an aweosme birthday you had.

Jeanette said...

Happy belated birthday!!! What a great husband to treat you so well. Not because of the things he does (although just as impressive) it's not hard to see that he truly loves you by how he treats you!

Crafty Momma said...

You are so lucky to have a loving and creative, thoughful husband!! I'm lucky if I even get a card for remembrance of my birthday...which is 2 days after Valentine's day..so you can imagine how both of those days are for me! :( I'll be 27..getting too close to 30..yikes, but of course you still look 25!!! Happy belated b-day!