Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Baby Turned Six Today!

Of course I put these up here backwards. So let's go down the line of what's up. For Emma's birthday she asked me for a collection of My Little Ponies. When asked how many collection was she replied "like seven or something." Ponies are around $7 a piece. And I have a hard time dropping full price for toys because I'm a mean mommy. So I went shopping on ebay. I love that site. Emma actually already had three ponies and I knew my mom was getting her one so I was looking for a barn or house. Well, there was this castle that I had no idea from the picture how big it was, but it also came with a little over 30 ponies. Too many, I know, but talk about a collection! I got it for a little over $50. What a deal!

After this gift was opened, all the kids went directly to play time. Would NOT stop to eat cake and ice cream.

These were like number 7-8. She never got tired of opening these things.

Even though it's a terrible quality pic, I just thought she looked pretty.


Her cake that was made by her dad. I started it, but being a crafty woman is not a part of my genetic makeup. He quickly took over and did a good job.



However, to redeem myself, in a slight way, I have learned how to make pretty bows so I'm showcasing them here. All the thanks to Monica walking me step by step countless times cause I just couldn't quite get it. What a patient woman.



The cake. Looks pretty good, I think. He really carved it and rounded the edges and all without any pattern. I think it's awesome.


Is it not so crazy that I became a mother six years ago today? How is it possible that time has flown so fast? Without giving much credit to myself, I must say that Emma has turned out to be quite a remarkable person. She is truly good. She forgives instantly, cries for others who are hurting, invites any and everyone to play with her and become her friend, she works so hard on things that she struggles with until they become easier for her to do (something that I am NOT good at), is very aware of people around her and how comments affect others.
She has been my comfort MANY times. I admit, I have let my daughter see me cry from being sad on occasion. I don't even remember why. But she laid my head on her lap and rubbed my hair. It was so thoughtful and sweet and more mature than a 5-6 year old needs to be. But she has been one of my best friends and I appreciate her sweetness and honesty more than she'll know until she has children who are hopefully as good to her as she is to me.
Emma, you have a mom who adores you, loves you, and prays for you each day. Thanks for being such a light and pillar of strength in this family. Love, Mom

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy birthday Emma! Fabulous find on the Pony castle! And the cake is divine.