Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Checkups and Immune's

Emma and Sadi had to go to the doctor today. Sadi just a checkup, but Emma had to get shots. Oh the drama!

So for the record on Sadi....Length 22 1/4" 50th percentile, Weight (AT 7 WEEKS) 10 lbs 9.5 oz 50th percentile, and head circumference 38 1/2 cm 60th percentile.


A couple pics of the after-shots.


Emma had to get four shots and a TB test (prick). Because I hate the really LOUD screaming like an arm fell off, I made her a deal that if she could JUST cry and not scream, we'd go get a pedicure next week (how many moms make that kind of deal with their five year old). That is not the norm, but I knew she would so go for it. The whole visit I kept asking if she was nervous and she's say "no, I'm going to be brave," but when the nurse came in and said it was her turn, she was singing a different song. She cried, but said she wanted to watch them. And she did cry really loud, but it wasn't an overdramatic scream so that sufficed. How fortunate for us! I can't believe she is almost five! I have a five year old!

8 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

So if I don't cry at my next shots will you take me for a pedicure too??:)

jani said...

I can't believe how big she looks! FIVE?? Are you ready for kindergarten?

Mike and Kimmy said...

Okay, I can't believe Emma is so big! I remember her before she was even talking! She is darling. Sweet deal! A pedicure! I hate the shot days.

Lisha said...

Shots and doctor visits are NOT fun! Good bribe, I liked it!

Brooke Morgan said...

Poor thing. We go through the crying when the nurse comes in every time! She looks adorable in those piggy tails!

Liz said...

You are an awesome mom! I'm going to have to try and remember that one when we get kiddies of our own! I can't even bribe myself into getting a pedicure, I just keep wishing someone will come to my house and do it for free...then again that would be slightly freaky.

nat and josh said...

I hate taking the kids for shots, too. It sucks. It is hard to believe it when the kids get old, I know it is hard for me to believe I have a seven year old going into second grade and a five year old going into Kindergarten.

Crafty Momma said...

She is huge!! I remember when you were pregnant with her and now here she is 5 yrs later and you with 3 kids!